Maintenance of Birkball Game Table
- Clean white surface frequently (Recommended cleaners: Clorox Green Works All-Purpose Cleaner or 409) Avoid strong solvents, like Acetone.
- Be careful to avoid hot objects (e.g. coffee cups) on the polystryene surface.
- It is recommended that chrome steel balls be kept in a Ziploc plastic bag with bags of desiccant to reduce corrosion. Corrosion is not a problem
with stainless steel balls.
- Steel balls can be cleaned by putting them is a ZipLoc plastic freezer bag. Spray inside bag with a degreaser (e.g. Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser),
rub balls against each other in bag,
add a little water, rub balls again, rinse with lots of water, remove water from bag, place balls on towel and rub dry.
- Order new steel balls from mcmaster.com (prices below from Dec 2014) or mscdirect.com
Stainless Steel - 440C: